11.03.2010

My New Friend, Fall

Beginning in June I tend to get extremely excited for every passing day that gets me closer to Christmas. Then, on that wretched day- December 26th- I get melancholy until my June birthday again. This cycle is A)abnormal, I am aware (add this to my list of eccentricities) and B) slightly depressing. What am I, a groundhog? I only have one day of glory and glee?

Anyways, I've decided to take more pleasure in all of the seasons and I'm now getting down with Fall. Fall and I are friend dating. If Fall had an eHarmony profile it would say, "I'm a mellow and warm soul. I've fallen into the trap of being a transitional boyfriend for many women and now I'm just looking for someone who will love me in all of my balding (tree) glory."

Fall's cool enough for scarves (excluding present LA heat wave) and makes things smell good: leaves, spiced ciders, crisp air, thanksgiving turkey, pumpkin spice lattes, etc. And, as it turns out, I'm also into fall's color palette: warm brown, burnt orange, sunset yellow.

So here's an ode to my new friend, Fall... it only took me 22 years.


 

 

Image 1 via Style.com, Image 2, 5 & 6 via From Me To You, Image 3 via Dress, Design & Decor, Image 4 via This Is Glamorous  

No comments:

Post a Comment