3.31.2011

Fit To Be Tied

Sunglasses- Chanel; Necklace- Banana Republic; Shirt- Anthropologie; Dress- Thrifted (Crossroads); Shoes- Jessica Simpson Dany Platforms; Bracelets- Vintage & Nordstrom

This title is a little deceiving. I'm not currently mad as a hornet (two idioms in one post! yipee!) but I did tie my shirt in a knot... over my dress... so... there's that.

Anyways, I have to tell you about my new favorite thang, Crossroads Trading Co. Perhaps, you've already visited one of these amazing outposts (there's a bunch throughout the west coast) but I'd never heard of them until my sage, Miss B Jones, did a post on the Orange County location.

The whole deal, essentially, is you can buy, sell or trade clothes there (trade just sounds fun... like beanie baby bartering). I, having the tendency to hold onto clothes forever, naturally went with sole purpose of "buying." Which I did, very happily.

I hit up the Santa Monica location last weekend (wearing 5 inch high heels... why?!@?!?#) and in just a few minutes my arms were lost under a pile of awesome vintage and formerly loved dresses. I was a little overwhelmed and went to my comfort zone (dresses) since it was my first time but the whole store was brimming with cool items.

I spent an hour and a half, giddy as a schoolgirl, and walked out with 2 dresses, a skirt and an awesome Stevie Nicks-esque shawl thing for under $60. No typo.

One of my finds was this leopard print slip dress which I layered under a blouse for an evening showing of Bill Cunningham New York last night. There's approximately a million and three ways I could wear this dress so don't be surprised if you see it pop up again.

And, if you're wondering about the documentary, it was interesting, funny and smart. There were a couple of dry moments but overall I thoroughly enjoyed it and left feeling inspired. Bill's the sort of guy that tells strangers when they have spinach in their teeth and I just wanted to hug him.

1 comment:

  1. I think blue is your color.

    Now let's energize your next shoot and get you on a trampoline! Some mid-air shots would be cool.

    ReplyDelete