4.06.2011

Dressing Like A Valentine

For The Love of Pink and Red

For The Love of Pink and Red by jessica hagy featuring scalloped shorts

So you've heard me chatting about my love for red and pink worn together here and here, but I figured I might take it a step further and style my own little get-up. Ever since my Coachella post for Shop Eat Sleep yesterday I've gotten a little polyvore happy. 

I used to think too much red and pink would look like a second grader on Valentine's day but somewhere in the past few months I happily changed my mind and got all sorts of obsessed. 

Regarding the ensemble above, there's some specific things that bring me joy: the high waist and scalloped hems on the shorts; the luxe fabric of the silk blouse; the crossbody length of the leopard bag (I like to use both of my arms... it's weird); and the kind-of-masculine-until-you-notice-the-bow loafers. 

I'm on a loafer kick this week too. I bought a pair of mint green crocodile loafers (I know, swoon) at Crossroads on Saturday and my boyfriend looked at them and asked, "um, are those used?"  

I replied, "yes, but they're from Italy."

For some reason, knowing my used loafers were italian made me feel better about sliding my toes into a space other digits had been before.  

Maybe my toes will develop an Italian accent.


Jil Sander silk georgette blouse
$845 - net-a-porter.com
Lucca Couture scalloped short
$48 - urbanoutfitters.com
Lillybee loafer shoes
$168 - simplysoles.com
DANNIJO / Kaimi
$198 - dannijo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment