4.28.2011

Woah, There's A Recipe On Here...




Don't get nervous or itchy- this is not a recipe in the culinary sense of the word but rather in the alcoholic sense (we all know I am not the full domesticated kind of girl just yet...).


There's a lot of things I like in this world. Two of them are mint and grapefruit. Mint and I are true pals, I drag her along everywhere, to many a parties, and I've hooked her up with her boy toy vodka- they make the most sassy of pairs.


Grapefruit, well, I mostly enjoy looking at grapefruit and thinking about how I like it until I actually bite into it and realize this is, um, quite sour. At this point I grab a pinch of splenda and all is well in the world (this is horrific if you are a fruit purist, I'm aware).


Anyhow, I stumbled upon this drink which combines both of my culinary crushes and figured, hell yes I'd like to add alcohol to this equation!


Here you go, courtesy of Miss Martha Stewart herself:

Grapefruit and Mint Mojitos


Ingredients
Makes 4
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup packed fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
  • 1 ruby-red grapefruit
  • 3/4 cup white rum
  • 3 cups ice
  • 1 cup seltzer
Directions
  1. Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and add mint leaves. Let steep 10 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve into a small bowl, and discard mint. Let cool.
  2. Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from grapefruit in long, wide strips. Place in a large glass, and add rum. Cover, and let stand for 30 minutes. Strain through a fine sieve intoa large glass measure, and discard zest.
  3. Cut away remaining pith from grapefruit. Cut between membranes to release segments. For each drink, place 2 to 3 segments in a glass. Top with 3/4 cup ice. Stir 3 tablespoons infused rum, 2 tablespoons mint syrup, and 1/4 cup seltzer in a glass measure, and pour over ice. Garnish with mint sprigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment