I am the sort of girl that loves to spend hours aimlessly clicking around on iTunes and discovering obscure (or at least new to me) tunes and old classics. And so, today's top ten is a compilation of ten of my all-time favorite songs. It's impossible to narrow it down completely but these are my tried and true classics that have been loved since my first boom box.
1. Hotel California by the Eagles. Reminds me of warm air, road trips and driving around in the desert in my grandparent's golf cart.
2. Lovefool by the Cardigans. My go-to song for solo dance-in-your-panties parties.
3. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton. Up until about age 15 I genuinely believed this song was written for me.
4. Slow Dance by John Legend. A song that makes your soul dance.
5. Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Makes me cry, in a good way.
6. Rich Girl by Hall & Oates. Reminds me of best friends, margaritas and Lake Havasu.
7. With A Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker. The theme song from my favorite childhood show, "The Wonder Years."
8. Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill. Poignant and catchy lyrics that make you bounce.
9. Turn Me On by Norah Jones. My grandmother refers to Norah Jones as the "moaning lady." I adore her. This song is also in "Love Actually" which makes it doubly amazing.
10. It Had To Be You by Harry Connick Jr. A tune from my favorite movie "When Harry Met Sally."